Easter egg hunts planned for kids -- and adults!
Grab a basket and get ready to search for eggs hidden all around the 252!
We've got a list of the traditional -- and unique -- public Easter Egg Hunts planned in the area, including one for folks age 21 and up! Plan to join the fun.
Friday, March 30
* 5:30-10 p.m.: Easter Egg Hunt and Movie Night will be held at Brock's Berries & Farm,, 862 Laurie Ellis Road, Winterville. Hunt times will be at 6 p.m. for ages 3 and under, 6:30 p.m. for ages 6 and under, and 7 p.m. for under age 10. Admission includes egg hunt, hay ride, farm games, visit with the Easter Bunny, farm animals and an outdoor movie. Everyone will need a ticket except infants under 1 year old. Concessions include hot dogs, chips, popcorn and drinks for an additional price. Bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating. Tickets are $8-10. For ticket information, click here.
Saturday, March 31
* 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Longstraw Farms, 3977 Jolly Road, Ayden, will hold its first Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Bunny photo sessions. Easter Egg Hunts will be held at 10 a.m. for under age 2, 10:30 a.m. for ages 2-3, 11 a.m. for ages 4-5, 11:30 a.m. for ages 6-8,and noon for ages 9 and up. Photos with the costumed Easter Bunny will be taken by Emma's Smile Photography; one digital image will be provided per ticketed child and additional images will be available for purchase. Simply Natural Creamery will be on site selling ice cream from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Tickets are $16 for each child attending the event; children too young to participate int the egg hunt are admitted free. Adult tickets are not required. For tickets, click here. For information, call 252-531-7949.
* 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Adult Egg Hunt and Pool Party will be held at Mother Earth Motor Lodge, 501 N. Herritage St., Kinston. Adults may hunt for eggs filled with airplane bottle-size Mother Earth Spirits, vouchers for Mother Earth Brewing beer, T-shirts, beer koozies and more. After the hunt, participants will have full access to a mixer bar to turn their findings into craft cocktails poolside. Bring swimwear for a dip in the lodge's newly heated pool. Must be 21 and older to participate. Cost is $15 per person. For tickets, click here.
* Noon-4 p.m.: Raised in a Barn Farm, 2106 N.C. Highway 33 East, Chocowinity, will hold an Easter Egg Hunt with Mr. and Mrs. Bunny. The event will include egg hunts with age divisions, hayrides, live 4-H animals, funnel cakes and food, and live music. Cost is $7 for the egg hunts and hayrides for kids and $5 for hayrides for adults. Photos with the costumed bunnies are $8, with one print/digital download included. Preregistration is not required.
* 1 p.m.: ECU Baseball will hold an Easter Egg Hunt in the outfield at Clark-LeClair Stadium after the Pirates play Wichita State. Kids also may run the bases and the team will sign autographs. The activities are free with admission to the game. For ticket prices, click here.
* 1-4 p.m.: Easter EGGstravaganza will be held at Simply Natural Creamery & Jersey Farm, 1265 Carson Edwards Road, Ayden. Three free egg hunts will be held: for 2-5 year olds, for 6-8 year olds, and for 9-12 year olds. Bring baskets for collecting eggs. Special egg prizes and a bag of candy will be provided for each participating child. You can take your own photos with the farm's bunny Buttermilk and with costumed farm mascot Sally the Cow. Music and entertainment will be provided by Peoples Baptist Church of Greenville. Concessions will be available for purchase, including hot dogs, hamburgers and Rock Springs Catering. And, of course, there will be Simply Natural Ice Cream.
Sunday, April 1
* 2-5 p.m.: Egg Scramble will be held at River Park North, 1000 Mumford Road, Greenville. Participants should bring baskets and the city park will provide the eggs. Eggs will be empty, but children can trade them in for a goody bag at the end of the hunt. Fee for Greenville residents is $1, fee for others is $2. Walk-ins are welcome prior to the start time, but preregistration is highly encouraged. Tickets for participation will be available for purchase at the Nature Center until 15 minutes prior to the event starting. Preregistered participants can get their tickets at the Nature Center. For registration and additional information, call 252-329-4560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, April 7
* 11 a.m.-3 p.m.: Easter Egg Hunt and Spring Fling will be held at H.O.P.E. Farms and Learning Centers, 872 Briley Road, Greenville. The second annual Easter Egg Hunt is a fundraiser for the farms' special needs summer camp. There's no admission to enter the farm, but activities require tickets. Activities will include Egg Hunt, animal train rides, pony rides, cookie decorating, and petting zoo with animal feed. The Spring Fling also includes concession stands and a silent auction
Jane Welborn Hudson, a native of Greenville, is a former staff writer for The Daily Reflector, where she was editor of Her... magazine and Greenville: Life in the East and several other niche publications. Email her at email@example.com.