Dickinson Avenue Public House has new seasonal menu
As winter gives way to spring, Dickinson Avenue Public House has unveiled its new menu spotlighting fresh, seasonally available ingredients.
The lively and eclectic restaurant and bar in Greenville's hip Dickinson Avenue corridor changes its menu regularly. Head Chef Jacob Wilson and Sous Chef Trustan Hamilton, along with Kitchen Manager Ian Baro, work together to create the offerings.
The Upscale Southern fare features influences of Creole and Asian cuisine. Diners also can expect house-made desserts and a full-service bar with rotating craft brews on tap and original craft cocktails.
The gastropub is housed in a renovated retail building that retains vintage painted advertising signs on its walls. It's owned by Kristi Southern, Tandi Mahn, Jacob Wilson and Brad Hufford.
Here's a sampling of what's on the menu released on March 1, 2018:
* Bibb, Crab and Shrimp Salad: Coastal Plains Bibb lettuce, NC shrimp, lump crab, shaved fennel,creamly horseradish and lemon dressing and fresh grated Grana Padano ($14);
* Apple, Walnut and Goat Cheese Salad: Coastal Plain mixed greens, Pink Lady apples, red onion, dried cranberries, crushed walnuts, Goat Lady chevre, apple cider and dijon vinaigrette ($11);
* Korean BBQ Beef Fries: Beef-fat fries with collard kimchi, sesame aoili, Bulgogi sauce, black sesame and sriracha ($13);
* Crab and Shrimp Stuffed Oysters: Oysters topped with lump crab and shrimp dressed in sauce ravigote with Parmesan, lemon and cracklin' & collard dust ($17);
* HGA Grilled Pork Loin with potlikker risotto, Woodford Reserve-sorghum glaze and buttermilk onion rings ($23);
* Pan Roasted NC Tile Fish with confit fingerling potatoes and Manhattan-style crab chowder ($24);
* Moroccan Chickpea Cassoulet: Chickpea, carrot, cauliflower and golden raisin cassoulet with basmati rice,fried sweet potato masa cakes and ginger-curry coconut cream sauce ($18).
Steak Frittes and DAP House Fried Chicken also are on the menu along with Fried Pickled Okra, Pimento Cheese and Deviled Eggs.
The DAP Burger changes nightly, along with other features.
Dickinson Avenue Public House 703 Dickinson Avenue 252-689-6388
Jane Welborn Hudson, a native of Greenville, wrote The Daily Reflector's Hot Dish restaurant column for 12 years and the Greensboro News & Record's Short Orders restaurant column for 8 years. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.