Basil's new chef's specials menu, introduced in late February, features some appetizers, a sandwich, an entree and a pizza to go along with the eatery's regular menu.
Basil's offers full-service dining and a bar, with both indoor and outdoor seating, for lunch and dinner. General manager is Jeremy Spengeman.
New offerings include:
* Cheddar and Spinach Bites: Cheddar cheese, minced onions and spinach that's battered, fried and served on a bed of mixed greens with Sriracha aioli ($7.95);
* Roasted Asparagus and Prosciutto: Asparagus wrapped with prosciutto and a spicy vegetable spread, roasted and served on a tossed Milanese salad of mixed greens and grape tomatoes; served in a Parmesan basket with toasted pita ($11.95);
* Prosciutto Wrap: Thin-sliced prosciutto, vine-ripe tomatoes, romaine and a spicy vegetable spread rolled into a flour tortilla and grilled; served with a choice of side ($9.95);
* Lasagna Saltimbocca: Layers of grilled chicken, spinach and prosciutto combined with ricotta, Parmesan and fresh basil and baked into a unique lasagna; served with scratch-made Parmesan black pepper bread and a house salad ($14.95);
* Green Pesto and Hams pizza: Sliced prosciutto,pepperoni and hard salami layered atop a basil pesto-based pizza with a light sprinkle of mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan and Romano cheeses ($10.95).
Basil's has a lively bar area and a number of signature dips that are popular with patrons, including Beer Dip, Spinach Dip,Buffalo Chicken Dip, Hot Sausage Dip and Sun-dried Tomato Crab Dip. The dips are served with pita wedges and range in price from $6.95-$8.50, and dip samplers also are offered.
1675 E. Fire Tower Road
Jane Welborn Hudson, a native of Greenville, wrote The Daily Reflector's Hot Dish restaurant column for 12 years and the Greensboro News & Record's Short Orders restaurant column for 8 years. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.