The Pitt County town of Farmville will hold its annual Dogwood Festival April 27-30.
The street festival, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary, has been honored as a Legacy Festival by the U.S. Library of Congress.
The festival includes amusement rides, food and craft vendors, a car show and helicopter tours. No dogs are allowed on festival grounds.
The Dogwood Bash on April 29 will be headlined by rising country music star Chris Janson with Waterloo Revival and Justin West Band. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 on the day of the concert; children under age 6 are admitted free.
A Sunday Concert with Christian singer Plumb and opening act Ignite Church Band will be held April 30. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 day of show.
For tickets to either concert, log onto www.farmvilledogwoodfest.com, visit the Town Hall offices at 3672 N. Main St. or call 252-753-5815.
Here is the entire schedule of events for the Farmville Dogwood Festival:
Thursday, April 27
* 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Food Concessions by the Farmville Fire Department on the Town Commons
* 4-7 p.m.: Farmville Schools Palooza, Grimmersburg Street by schools
* 4-11 p.m.: Michael's Amusements on the Midway, One Price Ride Night -- buy a wristband to ride all rides as often as you'd like (wristbands are $16 in advance or $20 at the festival)
* 6-8 p.m.: Live music by Dennis Anderson on Town Commons
Friday, April 28
* Noon-8 p.m.: Festival food concessions on and around Town Commons
* 3-8 p.m.: Arts and crafts and commercial vendors
* 4-11 p.m.: Michael's Amusements on the Midway
* 5:30 p.m.: Opening ceremonies in the Gazebo with mistress of ceremonies Heather King of WITN-TV
* 6-8 p.m.: Wishes and Wands in the gazebo. Get your picture taken with costumed characters
* 6:30 p.m.: Free Street Dance on Main/Wilson streets with Built for Comfort and Sidewinder
* 8 p.m.: Movie Under the Stars, "The Secret Life of Pets," on the Town Commons behind the Gazebo area.
Saturday, April 29
* 7-10 a.m.: Breakfast on Town Commons with Marlboro Free Will Baptist Church
* 9 a.m.-8 p.m.: Food, arts and crafts and commercial vendors on and around Town Commons
* 9 a.m.-5 p.m.: Display of military uniforms, The May Museum, 3802 S. Main St.
* 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: Car Show on Main Street with Jake's Cruisers and Coastal Carolina Ford Club
* 10 a.m.-until: Crystal Coast Helicopter Tours on the Athletic Field; $20 per ride
* 10 a.m.-5 p.m.: Kid's CoolFest with balloon art, face painting and crafts; and Fossil Find provided by Aurora Fossil Museum
* Noon-11 p.m.: Michael's Amusements on the Midway
* 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m.: ProTown BMX Stunt Team exhibition on Main Street
* 6:30 p.m.: Dogwood Bash Concert with Chris Janson, Waterloo Revival and Justin West Band on West Horne Avenue adjacent to the athletic field. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and the music begins at 6:30 p.m. Concert-goers may bring lawn chairs and coolers with beer and wine; no glass containers are permitted. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 on the day of the concert; children under age 6 are admitted free. For tickets visit www.farmvilledogwoodfest.com or the Town Hall offices at 3672 N. Main St. (Tailgating tent spots are available for $50 a spot; the gates open for tailgating at 4 p.m. For tailgating spots, visit Town Hall or call 252-753-5814.)
Free Entertainment on Stage Green/Gazebo
* 10 a.m.: Dance Unlimited
* 11 a.m.: Shimmy Shakerz
* 11:30 a.m.: A Step Above Performing Arts
* Noon: Greene Central Percussion Ensemble
* 1 p.m.: The Main Event Band
* 3 p.m.: TBA
* 4:30 p.m.: TBA
* 6 p.m.: TBA
Sunday, April 30
* 10 a.m.: Worship service with Farmville United @ the Cross at the Gazebo on the Town Commons
* 1 p.m.: Free Gazebo concert with music by Victor Hudson
* 1-5 p.m.: Food, arts and crafts and commercial vendors on and around the Town Commons
* 1-5 p.m.: Michael's Amusements on the Midway one-price rides with a $20 wristband purchase
* 1-5 p.m.: Free Kid's CoolFest
* 2 p.m.: Sunday Concert with Plumb and opening act Ignite Church Band, West Horne Avenue. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 day of show. Children under age 6 are admitted at no charge. For church group sales, call 252-753-6715. (Tailgate spots for the Sunday Concert are available for $25 per spot; call 252-753-5814 or visit the Town Hall offices at 3672 N. Main St.)
(Photos from 2016 Farmville Dogwood Festival by 252Buzz)